Pupil funds and loans are designed for pupils that are their studies at e.g. university university, college or college that is vocational. You can also apply for student grants and loans for studies at compulsory and upper secondary level at Komvux (adult education college) or folk high school if you are over the age of 20.
dining dining Table of articles
- Information as a result of Corona virus
- Size of grants and loans you are able to get
- Needs and conditions
- Application, research assurance and payment
- Offer notification if you become sick or if any such thing modifications
- Repaying the learning pupil loan
- Appealing against a choice by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The loan you need to pay off. You are able to elect to use entirely for the grant, should you not wish to just just simply take a loan out. The mortgage features a low-value interest and will not need any protection, and you’re able to repay it over a any period of time. In 2020, the interest price is 0.16 percent.
Information as a result of Corona virus
Read more about how precisely the Corona virus affect the learning student funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you’ll get
exactly How big the funds and student education loans you can receive depends e.g. on
- your rate of study ( part-time or full-time)
- how many months you’re learning for
- how big your earnings.
|1 week, SEK||4 days, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other funds and loans as you are able to submit an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow more income.
- When you have custody of kiddies beneath the age of 18, you’ll submit an application for extra youngster allowance.
- When you have worked within the past and received a particular minimal earnings, you are able to make application for a additional loan. You are able to get this as of the 12 months you turn 25.
- You may receive an increased grant element in your student aid if you are studying at compulsory or upper secondary level and satisfy certain conditions. It is possible to receive this if you might be learning on a complementary programme that is educational up to a subject teacherвЂ™s degree. You are entitled to the increased grant, so you do not need to apply for it when you apply for student grants and loans, CSN checks whether.
- You can in certain cases apply for an additional loan if you have additional costs associated with your studies. For instance, you might have costs for dual housing or even for particular trips.
Should your earnings surpasses the earnings limitation
The earnings restriction temporarily removed during 2020
As a result of the Corona crisis the earnings restriction is temporarily eliminated during 2020, in the event that you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means that your revenue during 2020 will perhaps maybe perhaps not impact just exactly how student that is much and loans it is possible to get.
You may possibly get earnings up to and including amount that is certain your pupil grants and loans being affected. The earnings restriction is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. Should your income surpasses the earnings limitation, you’re not eligible to the exact same degree of funds and loans.
The earnings limitation is determined by just exactly how several weeks you might be learning for and whether you’re learning full-time or part-time. The income limit is SEK 90 075 for example, if you are going to studying full-time with student grants and loans for 20 weeks in a calendar half-year. You can view your revenue restriction into the choice you will get from CSN.
Demands and conditions
Different demands and conditions must be pleased to ensure that one to be eligible to student help.
- The training you will be going to must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You really must be registered in your courses.
- Your studies needs to be at the minimum 50 % of full-time and must endure for at the very minimum three months.
- You need to be below the chronilogical age of 57 payday loans Leicestershire. The entitlement to borrow decreases through the you turn 47 year.
- you’ll perhaps not get particular other advantages during the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as for example task support, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- It is possible to just get pupil funds and loans for a limited period of time. How long will depend on the scholarly education degree that you might be learning:
- University university, college or some other education that is post-secondary an optimum of 240 months
- Upper level that is secondary an optimum of 80 or 120 days, based on your past training
- Compulsory school level: at the most 40, 80 or 100 months, dependent on your education that is previous and you’re learning.
- When you yourself have formerly examined with pupil funds and loans or an education entry grant, you must have pleased what’s needed in regards to credits so that you can get brand new pupil funds and loans. The requirements credits that are regarding according to which program you might be learning.
- You may not receive student grants and loan if you have unpaid annual fees or demands for more than one period. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you’re going to learn abroad, special rules use.
Extra conditions and terms for international residents
If you’re a international citizen, you have to satisfy unique conditions to be entitled to Swedish pupil finance. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
Because you have refugee status or similar, you are also usually entitled to Swedish student finance if you have received a temporary residence permit from the Swedish Migration Agency.
In addition, various rules use dependent on whether you’re a resident of a nation within or outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland.